How I discovered my 1st RC Sailboat – Megatech Nirvana II I had my 3rd powerboat and they are fun. But I had seen some RC Sailboats on the water and there just is this magic you can’t get away from. Seeing them gliding through the water silently, you start to dream about sailing in to the sunset, that really struck a core in me (I guess you too otherwise you wouldn’t be reading ).
So I started to look up all kinds of RC Sailboat buyer guides and different product reviews. And somehow the Megatech Nirvana II came up again and again with really good ratings. Once I reviewed the feature list I knew I had found just what I wanted. My RC Sailboat had to be easy to use (I was a beginner), easy to assemble (I am not that good with fine handy work), fun and fast and very important not some crappy plastic thing that breaks after a few times using it and you can never sale again for a decent price in case you don’t like the hobby. Oh and one more thing: Easy to transport (I don’t want to fold my back seats every time as if I would transport a fridge)! Well, the Nirvana II is exactly that:
- Build up time between 10min – 30min for most beginners and no glue or other fancy stuff which needs more than a normal screwdriver. (That’s fast – setting up and configuring my DVD player nearly took that long)
- Easy to use. I’ll quote one of the product reviewers on Amazon: Joseph Blaton “My 13 year old son who is a beginning sailor was able to operate this sailboat.”
- Fun and Fast. Oh yeah, this thing fly’s over the water, does quick turns and you don’t need to be a pro to sail like a pro.
- Good quality, low cost and keeps in value. People don’t rave about this boat for nothing. It really is well build, doesn’t leak and people have fun with it for years. And I can easily resell it for a good price as it is quite in demand.
- Removable keel and quick release of mast to easily transport to the lake and later stow it at home.
View this boat in action:
- 32”overall length low-drag composite hull
- Carbon fiber mast with competition mylar sails withstand up to 15 MPH wind conditions
- Removable racing keel with ballast bulb for ease of transportation
- Trimable Sail for any wind condition
- 95% ready to sails, simple assembly in minutes(needs a pack of batteries)
Quotes from people who own a Megatech Nirvana II:
“I was really surprised, thinking previously that one really needed a 36″ boat or a 1 meter boat to get realistic sailing. But no, the NIRVANA II sailed well, upwind and downwind.” J. Rockafellow ‘busyjr’
“Having zero experience sailing model boats, I was very satisfied with the boats performance and ease of use, and anxiously look forward to the next time out. Tons of fun.” Thomas Gearrhart
“it’s a pleasure to sail this boat. In fact i’m getting a second one to race with friends.” flimflam man ‘filmfan’
More customer reviews on the Nirvana II here
Where to get it: I did some research on the prices and surprisingly Amazon is by far the lowest (+ the good reputation on delivery). Click here to get the Megatech Nirvana II
I wish you a lot of fun with the Nirvana II because I know firsthand you will. It’s an awesome boat. Go, ride the wind! PS: If you want more information check out this good Megatech Nirvana review by Jeff Troy